How Motability Works
Motability works by allowing you to exchange the higher rate mobility component of your Mobility Allowance for a brand new car of your choice.
The most popular option is the Contract Hire scheme, which gives you:
• Over 4,000 brand new cars to choose from
• Insurance, servicing and maintenance
• Full RAC breakdown assistance
• Annual tax disc
• Tyre and windscreen replacement
• 60,000 mileage allowance over 3 years
• Many adaptations at no extra cost
• You don't have to drive - you can nominate up to two other drivers and pay a little extra for a third
This worry-free policy continues throughout your three year lease, with a seamless transfer at the end of it to your new car.
If you choose a Hire Purchase lease, you buy your own car, negotiating the actual purchase price with your Motability specialist. You are also responsible for organising and paying for insurance, breakdown cover and aftersales care.